Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Joyful Living

JOY is not a product of circumstance


Hello lovelies! I wanted to share this photo because I literally love it so much it's the background on my laptop! It's also totally in-line with a topic I've had on my mind a lot recently- joy. I don't know about you, but I need a nice pick-me-up every once in a while. Life is tough and it can really drag you down with it's hectic schedules, money problems, negative people... Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in my life and I just can't seem to take a breath, let alone, smile! I don't have a list of the "5 secrets to happiness" I just have one simple secret to share: Sure, life is hard and so are our circumstances but joy is not a product of our circumstances, it's a choice! 

I know so many people who are unhappy with their life or what's happening around them and they say "someday things will be the way I want, and then I will be happy". How long is someday going to last? A year? A lifetime? Why waste your life away waiting for "someday" which may or may not come? It's silly! I know it can be hard to be happy when life is difficult, but choose joy. Wake up in the morning and literally tell yourself to be happy. Leave post-it notes around the house with reminders to be happy, or funny quotes or pictures. When you start to get weighed down with negative things, sit down and write a list of all the blessings in your life. Surround yourself with joy. 

I can assure you, when you make the conscious daily choice to be joyful and you strive for that goal you will start seeing things differently. It's not always easy, especially if you are in the habit of expecting disappointment. I've totally been there and still struggle with this at times. But just like training your body to be in shape, you have to train your brain to be joyful. It's hard, it's not an easy feat. But start by believing that you can be a happy person and you will find yourself more motivated to see it happen.
I now challenge you to make someone's day and share about it below in the comment section. Smile, and know you're beautiful :)


...Vanessa...  

Comment below with requests for topics and/or tips and I will do my best to fill them!

Please Subscribe to my blog to see more posts from me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment